Six months ago when I punched-in on the last day of my first job, I had no idea how much I would cherish my time at MSIL. Today, I delightfully speak about my time at Maruti, about my family there and my work there, about what I enjoyed there and what I learned there. On that day however, I had absolutely no clue what to say in my farewell speech. Now I can slightly understand why some people don't like farewells. They probably get a fairly good idea beforehand about how life would change. Back then, I was totally carefree, waiting for some good news (which did not come) on my scholarship application to Eindhoven University of Technology where I had applied for my Master's. I was given a super good farewell from Maruti and from Gurgaon by my family of friends and colleagues. I reached home plain and 'jobless'. About three weeks later I went for my interview at IIT-Madras (My only other application for further studies at that point), which was for Direct admission to PhD. One day before my interview I met a Professor (No mention of Names here) who gave me a good insight on what I would be getting into. The next day at the interview I screwed up and I screwed up big time. Although I did describe to many people what happened there, it is one of those things where only You know 'How stupid you were'; words are just not enough to explain perfectly. Not that I can do anything about it now, and anyway, like they say, 'Everything happens for a reason'. It was a different experience, may not be happy but definitely a good one. A month down the line I was sure that I was not joining for my graduate studies any time this year. Fast forward about 4 months. I am sitting at Pavilion (the name of the place which we called Special Stage or SS), typing these lines waiting, for the time when I will be interviewed for the position of Junior Research Fellow.
In the last six months I witnessed life like never before. To everyone else I was visible, I was walking and talking and doing things, but on the inside there was someone else, watching, observing, comparing life. Thoughts flowed up, down and around whatever came in front of them. I became a philosopher, a lover, a professional and a nomad all during these last six months, searching for the answers to the questions which came from the outside world as well as the inside mind. The inside guy was running his analysis. He was monitoring the changes in interests, in desires, in targets and ambitions. He gave constant updates. A lot changed and a lot settled and although a lot still seems unanswered there is a pleasant truce with everything. With the only certain thing being uncertainty, the random guy started learning to enjoy life the way it comes.
Cheers
In the last six months I witnessed life like never before. To everyone else I was visible, I was walking and talking and doing things, but on the inside there was someone else, watching, observing, comparing life. Thoughts flowed up, down and around whatever came in front of them. I became a philosopher, a lover, a professional and a nomad all during these last six months, searching for the answers to the questions which came from the outside world as well as the inside mind. The inside guy was running his analysis. He was monitoring the changes in interests, in desires, in targets and ambitions. He gave constant updates. A lot changed and a lot settled and although a lot still seems unanswered there is a pleasant truce with everything. With the only certain thing being uncertainty, the random guy started learning to enjoy life the way it comes.
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment