It is not everyday that I randomly look at a girl's dress put up on a manikin in a UCB store and get amused by the thought of how pretty it would look on the random someone, whom I mentioned in my previous post. I have looked at dresses and given a thought as to whether it suits this cousin or that friend. But this one was strange. I just looked at it and the only thing I could remember was her. May be it was that relaxed sitting posture of the manikin that reminded her cheerful face. Brought a smile on to my face.
I hardly ever get to talk to her and yet in those very few conversations that I have had with her I must admit, I'm impressed. I wonder if all that I think I know about her is true, whether I admire and appreciate her for the right reasons. But whatever it is I am sure thankful to her. In recent past I have had a tough time keeping my cool. Interacting with the people, I had spent the last one and half year with, seemed to be the most awkward task. I didn't feel like talking to anyone around me. At times words came out only forcibly. I rarely felt that people around me understood me or my concerns. I was so occupied thinking about situations with others that I was not doing anything else. I found it difficult to squeeze in time for simple simple things. Amongst all this there were some stupid realities of my past so called love-life that surfaced, as if I wasnt bothered enough with my already existing issues of what you can call as partial insanity. At such a time when I had lost all my focus, felt like there was nothing left of me in me, as if I had lost my soul, she reminded me of things I once felt were important, ideals against which I wouldn't have entertained many of the things which I did in the past year. She made me pause and take a look at what I had come to Gurgaon for and compare it with what I was doing. I saw the indecisive, confidence-lacking, turtle-slow self that I had become while thinking that I should be nice to others. It is like she whacked some sense into me. It is a different story that I needed a bigger dose and that was taken care of by a good old friend with a good nice counselling. Things improved but sometimes that insanity keeps coming back. I am just glad that I still have friends who appear all of a sudden at such times and help me set my mind right. Clearly she had no intention of doing any of it. I am sure she doesn't have the faintest idea of any of this. But that's the thing about her. She does good just by being herself, or so I think she does. Whatever it is, I am happy knowing that the gyan that I got from her will not be in vain.
Oh yeah, you must be wondering what happened to the pretty sea blue top with pink inner and the pink denim. At the end I only checked the cost of that dress, had one last look at it nicely put up on the manikin, smiled, went to food court, bought myself a cold chocolate drink and proceeded to board my flight to Hyderabad.
Cheers
I hardly ever get to talk to her and yet in those very few conversations that I have had with her I must admit, I'm impressed. I wonder if all that I think I know about her is true, whether I admire and appreciate her for the right reasons. But whatever it is I am sure thankful to her. In recent past I have had a tough time keeping my cool. Interacting with the people, I had spent the last one and half year with, seemed to be the most awkward task. I didn't feel like talking to anyone around me. At times words came out only forcibly. I rarely felt that people around me understood me or my concerns. I was so occupied thinking about situations with others that I was not doing anything else. I found it difficult to squeeze in time for simple simple things. Amongst all this there were some stupid realities of my past so called love-life that surfaced, as if I wasnt bothered enough with my already existing issues of what you can call as partial insanity. At such a time when I had lost all my focus, felt like there was nothing left of me in me, as if I had lost my soul, she reminded me of things I once felt were important, ideals against which I wouldn't have entertained many of the things which I did in the past year. She made me pause and take a look at what I had come to Gurgaon for and compare it with what I was doing. I saw the indecisive, confidence-lacking, turtle-slow self that I had become while thinking that I should be nice to others. It is like she whacked some sense into me. It is a different story that I needed a bigger dose and that was taken care of by a good old friend with a good nice counselling. Things improved but sometimes that insanity keeps coming back. I am just glad that I still have friends who appear all of a sudden at such times and help me set my mind right. Clearly she had no intention of doing any of it. I am sure she doesn't have the faintest idea of any of this. But that's the thing about her. She does good just by being herself, or so I think she does. Whatever it is, I am happy knowing that the gyan that I got from her will not be in vain.
Oh yeah, you must be wondering what happened to the pretty sea blue top with pink inner and the pink denim. At the end I only checked the cost of that dress, had one last look at it nicely put up on the manikin, smiled, went to food court, bought myself a cold chocolate drink and proceeded to board my flight to Hyderabad.
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment